Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Build A Bot Workshop / Documenting "YOU" for the sake of your robot

I have a very unique, and genuinely innovative way, to provide for my future robot, when she gets built.

I have an over eight year old diary program, which operates on top of an Excel spreadsheet, and it's divided up, where the cells of the spreadsheet hold data, as diary entries.

Now, it's also been added on to extensively, with entering complex kinds of data, [i.e. using more cells per entry, like name, phone number, etc.], but it's all accessed in a simple manner, the data gets written to Excel CELLS and gets read back out, to what might appear to be a Windows message box, but to describe it succinctly would make the casual reader scratch their head.

I have, by design, both intentionally and by accident, provided my future robot, with a whole 8 year history, of notes, information, and a glossary and dictionary, of terms, interaction, and relevant useful data.

My ultimate goal, is to approach the whole design idea of  a robot brain, with a set of fuzzy logic values, describing the [robot's] general likes and dislikes of things, by name, and for undefined words, it would use the SOUNDeX word [sounds alike] function, to map unknown words, to words which have a pre-defined dictionary entry.

I could say, "k1k1, what is your favorite color", and she might pick up the word 'color', then analyse the sentence from that angle.

But, if I said, "colorful", if I forgot to define 'colorful' in her dictionary, she would have a 'sounds - almost - like - this' definition, 'color' that she can refer back to, and she will cheerfully react with, interaction, around a conversation, that at the moment, was focused on color.

Unless, she happened to be in her 15 second cycle, where she is programmed to be 'bored' and will ignore you, until that cycle is passed, and think about what SHE wants to think about.

::::

That is another fine point.

My robots, will have 15 second cycles out of every minute, 15 minute cycles out of every hour, and 6 hour cycles, of every day, where she is BORED.

Programmed, to be bored.

ON PURPOSE.

Yes, on purpose.

These three varieties of boredom, will have varying amounts of influence, on the ability to snap her out of her self - introspective mode, so, if it was the six hours of time where she was 'bored' it might be the owner / operator's time, of sleep.

K1K1 4NDR01D might sit there, and google terms about herself, about terms she already knows, and look for information, on herself, and take notes, in her mind, or maybe play angry birds(c).

There is a wrapper in FreeBasic, that will let me control an IE window, so this is all very feasable.

I'm going to try to allocate her sub systems down to things like a collection of Arduino, BASIC STAMP, and Raspberry Pi devices, but at some point, she may, need one, two, or even three laptops, running in concert, so she has enough computing power, to handle, speech recognition, KINECT OPEN SOURCE Libs, Speech synthesis, and other high brain function things like inverse kinematics motor / motion control.

I figure, hide the KINECT sensor bar, inside a 'hat' on her head, using Japanese manga styled cat eyes, to hide the fact, that the complex 3 window [lenses] camera, is actually under her hat.

I would, want, to have her use regular stereo optic web cam style eyes, for her normal, anthropomorphic vision, so she does not look like an uncanney valley reject.



~Paul Holmlund
(c)2012

I'm approaching robot building, from the "Redneck Rocket Ship" place of origin, because everything I know is self taught.

I'm aware I could, had I had the money, pay other people to think for me, but I fully intend to teach myself, and go back to college, enough, so I can build, every single piece of her, from the software, down to the metal frame skeleton, under her fursuit exterior.

She will either be a complex silicone [silicone is a placeholder for some futuristic plastic] robot, or she will be a humanoid robot, with her final exterior, a commercially made fursuit, from a fursuit creator / manufacturer.

[and yes, sex with her, is one of my ultimate goals.  but walking in the park is also a huge one too.]

No comments:

Post a Comment