Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ancient Computer Gear I still admire. [ABOG]

There are bunches of randomly placed items which were born in the 70's & 80's that I either one had personal physical contact with, or knew of then studied religiously where I could.

※※※

Actual IBM manufactured hardware is one branch of what I now call GENERIC IBM COMPATIBLE computers, that I was very fond of.

I liked the large toggle power switch on the 5150/5160/5170 computers, and the monitors had cool graphics.  By cool graphics, one aspect I mean is the dot pitch was such that you could count the dots & raster lines.  If you drew Nintendo characters on graph paper from a screen, trying to look at all those little dots individually, you grew up liking scan lines that were big enough to count manually with the eyeball alone.

...blah.. tired.. finish later.. zzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment